- Acceptable & Fair Use Policy
Acceptable and Fair Use Policy
This Acceptable and Fair Use policy identifies activities that are considered unacceptable or unfair on other users when using the Datel Advansys’ infrastructure or services, and as such may result in a warning, suspension or termination of such services.
All Customers must ensure that
- They and their employees, sub-contractors and other agents using the services do so in accordance with that Company’s working practices and adhere to this policy;
- All software utilised on Datel Advansys’ systems is fully and appropriately licensed;
- All user logins and passwords are kept confidential and changed regularly in particular if accessing systems directly over the internet;
- Appropriate security controls are maintained and that users do not introduce malicious programs on to the servers (e.g. viruses, trojan horses, worms etc.);
- They and their employees, sub-contractors and other agents using the services do not use any shared infrastructure in such a way that unnecessarily interferes with the operation of the operation of such shared infrastructure;
- The service provided by Datel Advansys is only used for the business purposes as anticipated by the relevant Service Agreement or Standalone Contract.
The following behaviours are deemed unacceptable and Customer’s agree that they (and their employees, sub-contractors and other agents using the services) will not use the services directly or indirectly for:
- Anything that is against the law, violation of trademarks, copyright or infringement of intellectual property rights
- Sending, publishing, distributing, or circulating any material that may be deemed to be grossly offensive or of an indecent, obscene nature or menacing in character.
- Harassment and derogatory comments directed at individuals on the grounds of race, religion, nationality or sexuality
- Attempting to gain access to services for which you are unauthorised
- Invading a person’s privacy by attempting to collect store or transmit personal data such as passwords, account details, credit card details, or contact information.
- Attempting to block access to services by flooding, or attempting to overload systems including denial of service attacks (DDOS)
- Misrepresenting the source of information (spoofing)
- Transmitting unsolicited bulk email (spam)
If a Customer or user becomes aware of any violation of the Acceptable Use Policy they should report it to the Datel Advansys helpdesk as soon as reasonably practicable.
Datel Advansys may change this Acceptable Use Policy from time to time by issuing a new version of the Acceptable Use Policy on our website. Therefore, you should regularly review the Acceptable Use Policy Section of our website.